Thursday, April 2, 2009

Brings back good memories

Watching kdwhorses little cowgirl show that goat sure brought back memories for me.
My daughter showed sheep when she was in FFA. Some years ago, she has a 12 year old son now. I still remember what fun we had going to the shows. She had a best buddy that went with us and since most of the shows were during the week, her dad couldn't go so it was just us girls. I must have hauled those two over most of Southern Oklahoma. Rachel, my daughter, enjoyed showing and was very successful--3 county Grand Champion Market Lambs and Grand Champion Market Lamb at the Arkansas-Oklahoma State Fair. Her son Josh tried it when he was very small, about 6-7, won his light weight class, but says it would interfere with baseball since they both happen in the spring! His team starts playing April the 9th and we'll be busy from then until the last part of June. Hopefully they will still be playing in July--Regional playoffs. The playoffs are in Durant this year, which is home for us. Including a couple of pictures of my kids and their lambs. Kris tell Savannah we all said GREAT JOB!


1 comment:

kdwhorses said...

OH my great memories!
Savannah really did enjoy it! She keeps asking when can she have her very own project!